The Directors of CM Refractory ltd (The Company) consider that the control of all health, safety and environmental aspects arising from our work is an essential feature of an efficient and safe operation.
We consider these matters to be of equal importance to other aspects of our business such as quality assurance and all other internal policies and objectives and equal resources will be devoted to ensure Health and Safety throughout the company.
Wherever possible risks will be eliminated by careful selection and design of facilities, equipment and processes, or minimised by use of physical control measures. The company will use risk assessment methods to decide priorities and set objectives for hazard elimination and risk control.
The company accepts its legal duty and responsibility for health, safety and welfare of all our employees, self-employed, sub-contractors working on our behalf and all others directly affected by our activities. We recognise and accept duties imposed upon the company as an employer under the Health & Safety at Work Act and regulations pertaining to its operation.
We are aware of our legal responsibility and will comply fully.
In pursuance of the above policy statement compliance of the following is integral to its success and effectiveness.
- Take all adequate control of Health and Safety risks arising from activities that could cause injury or ill health to any persons mentioned in our Policy Statement.
- To provide any equipment to minimise accidental injury and damage to equipment.
- Carry out risk assessment to all aspects of our activities to minimise and wherever possible eliminate incidents or accidents occurring, any concerns found during risk assessment will be highlighted and appropriate action taken to maintain a safe environment.
- Consult with our employees from time to time on matters affecting health and safety.
- To set objectives and programs to achieve and maintain continual improvement in all Health, Safety and environmental matters.
- To ensure safe handling and use of all substances to prevent health and safety issues and impact on the environment.
- Provide adequate information, instruction, training and supervision to all employees as is necessary to ensure all aspects of health and safety awareness are conveyed and prevention of environmental issues.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals and especially in the event of any incidents or accidents pertaining from procedures or policy.